Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How to work with Ebola virus.

I have a thing for science, obviously, but viruses are my ultimate love. It's the field in which I am working toward my PhD (and hopefully will receive in the next few months). Related to this, I follow an awesome virology blog and podcast put on by Dr. Vincent Racaniello. I highly recommend these resources because they are meant to be useful for non-scientists.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a cool thing they did, which was to create a documentary about a biosafety-level 4 (the highest there is) facility and what it is like to work there.


See the trailer first:



Then watch the documentary! ...through their blog or through microbeworld.


Aaaaand then read The Hot Zone to have your mind blown by virus awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment