Monday, August 19, 2013

Animations are the best.

This is one of the best cell biology animations that I've ever seen. It's exciting and detailed and shows why studying viruses is a good way to understand basic cell biology! My younger brother thought it was sweet so that's a good sign for you. 

Watch Curiosity: Battlefield Cell.

 

It seems to be from a discovery series called Curiosity. I don't have cable soo thank goodness for the internets.

I really think animations like this are a great way to understand complex systems like a cell, where there are a lot of things happening in three dimensions.  I guess I was already pretty excited by cell biology from studying the normal books in high school, but if I had seen this, I probably would have peed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment